Organic Solidarity, Partners boxed text
Union Bio Sud-Est.A group of seven cooperatives that produce grains and oilseed in the Rhône-Alpes, Auvergne and Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur regions, Union Bio Sud-Est expresses the willingness of its members to share their skills and resources to organise and professionalise their offer in the field of organic agriculture while creating closer ties between producers and consumers and their organic demands.
As a partner of Huilerie Émile Noël in the framework of its organic solidarity sunflower programme, Union Bio Sud-Est monitors the oil mill’s needs, establishes contracts with farmers and supports them in their progress initiatives linked to implementation of the charter. This commitment is an innovative way to create visibility for producers, guarantee their income and educate more farmers about transitioning to organic agriculture.
Organic partnersAlongside the many French agro-organic SMEs, Huilerie Émile Noël is actively involved in the Bio Partenaire association, which was created in 2002 to serve as a forum for convergence, dialogue and projects between the worlds of organic agriculture and fair or social trade. Bio Partenaire notably supports its members in the creation of raw materials value chains, which it certifies as Organic Fair Trade ( North -South exchange) or Organic Solidarity (North-North exchange) in accordance with a commitment charter and detailed set of standards.
For the organic solidarity sesame network, Émile Noël honours the charter's seven commitments…
• Commitment to an organic farming approach.
• Partnerships between producers and the company with a focus on product quality, development, network sustainability and the business activity of operators.
• A sustainable commercial policy through formalised commitments which allow for fair remuneration for producers as well as access to stable markets within a framework of mutual solidarity.
• Promotion of close relationships between production and processing locations with consideration for relocalisation of the economy.
• Operator progress as part of a complementary environmentally-responsible approach consistent with organic farming.
• Operator commitment to a socially progressive approach and employee profit-sharing.
• Contributions to sustaining the rural fabric and local development.