Dried apricot cake
- 200g of butter
- 200g of flour
- 200g of icing sugar
- 4 eggs
– In a food processor, mix the softened butter, icing sugar, and add the whole eggs one by one.
– Add the flour, yeast, half a spoonful of fine salt and Emile Noël organic extra virgin olive oil.
– Let it run until you have a cream.
– Add the dried apricots cut into small cubes, and. using a spatula, add the honey.
– Butter a baking tin with a brush.
– Line with parchment paper, leaving 2 or 3 cm above the top the edges of the tin.
– Pour the mixture in, being careful not to damage the paper.
– Bake in the oven for 7 minutes at gas mark 8, then lower the heat to 5 and continue cooking for 40 minutes.
– Check the cake is perfectly baked by probing with a very thin knife blade: it must be dry when you remove it.
It is always better to serve a cake 12 hours after baking. I know, you have to be patient… But it’s worth it!