Marinated anchovies, tartare of chopped basil and tomato
- 400g fresh anchovies
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil
- Powdered sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
– The day before, remove the heads from the anchovies with a knife and detach the two fillets from the backbone with your fingers.
– Place these fillets skin-side up in a dish and sprinkle with salt and powdered sugar.
– Cover with cling film and let them “cook” for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
– Rinse them in cold water, dry them on absorbent paper.
– Lay them down again in a dish.
– Cover them with lemon juice and Emile Noël extra virgin olive oil.
– Season with pepper and leave to marinate overnight in a cool place.
– Before serving, scald the tomatoes for one minute after cutting through the skin.
– Cool them in ice water, peel them, cut them in four to remove the seeds.
– Chop the remaining pulp into small cubes.
– Mix in a bowl with a few chopped basil leaves.
– Add the balsamic vinegar, Emile Noël extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
The salt and cold cooking (curing) of fish is accelerated, but also balanced in taste by the use of sugar.