Fresh artichoke hearts, poached eggs and chive cream
- 4 large macau-type artichokes
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch of chives
- 250g of cream
- 100g of flour
- 50g of butter
- Grey sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- The juice of a lemon
- 8 cl of Emile Noël organic cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of Emile Noël organic virgin camelina oil
- 10cl of Emile Noël organic extra fruity olive oil
Make a white sauce:
– In a saucepan, dissolve the flour in a litre of water with a whisk.
– Season with salt and pepper.
– Add the butter and Emile Noël organic extra fruity olive oil
– Turn the artichoke bottoms and poach them in this white sauce for 10 minutes after it starts to boil.
– Drain and chill.
– Pour the cider vinegar over the whipped cream, stirring with a whisk, salt, pepper it and add the finely chopped chives.
– Store in the refrigerator so that the cream thickens.
– Just before serving, poach the eggs for 3 minutes in a pan of simmering water with two tablespoons of vinegar added.
– With a skimmer, remove the eggs in a bowl of cold water, then drain them while still warm on absorbent paper.
– On top of each artichoke bottom, pour a tablespoon of Emile Noël organic camelina oil, place a poached egg, add pepper and cover with a spoon of chive cream.
Never salt the water if you want to poach an egg in it!