Fresh Chestnut Soup
– Cut the fresh chestnut cross-wise to split them for easier cooking.
– Drop them in a saucepan of salted boiling water. Cook them for 40 min from the time of reaching boiling point.
– Peel and quarter the onion.
– Drain the chestnuts and wash them under cold water to cool them. Then peel them.
– Put the chestnuts in a big casserole with cut onions, vegetable stock and 80 cl of water. Cook for 15 min.
– Grind finely by adding a little water if required to thin down the soup. Adjust the salt if required.
– Serve in bowls with a drizzle of Emile Noël DHA organic vegetable oil.