Asparagus and bean salad
- 1.5 kg of whole beans
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 1 bunch of purple asparagus
- 100g of spring lamb’s lettuce
- 1 bouquet of fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi from a tube
– Remove the beans from their pods and immerse them for 3 minutes in a large quantity of boiling, well-salted water.
– Then, quickly remove them to a bowl full of ice water to refresh them quickly.
– Peel the beans once they have cooled and set them aside.
– Repeat the same operation with the asparagus: 5 minutes of cooking.
– Do not forget to cut the hard parts at the base of the green asparagus beforehand, and peel the stems of the purple asparagus sparingly.
– For the vinaigrette, dilute the wasabi in a bowl with garlic salt, cider vinegar, chopped coriander and Emile Noël organic virgin hazelnut oil.
– Arrange the asparagus in a star pattern alternating purple and green, spread the beans over the asparagus stalks.
– In the middle of the dish, place the lamb’s lettuce seasoned with vinaigrette.
– Pour the rest of the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
– Decorate with edible flowers.
Plunging the green vegetables into ice water immediately after boiling them in boiling water helps to obtain the “al dente” consistency and to preserve their beautiful colour. But wait until they have completely cooled before removing them from the cold, otherwise you will lose texture quality.