Chunks of leek, cashew crumble
- 2 leeks
- 50g of whole grain rice flour
- 50g of Parmesan cheese
- 50g of butter
- 50 g of cashew nuts
– Preheat the oven to 180°C.
– To prepare crumble; put cashews in a blender, mix to reduce to powder.
– Add the flour, parmesan cheese and very cold butter cut into cubes and blend again to make a mixture that looks like wet sand.
– Pour it on an oven tray and bake for 10-12 minutes at 180°C.
– Let it dry for another 2 minutes, with the oven off and the door ajar.
– Set aside.
– Heat a steamer (or a pan of salted water to cook the leeks).
– Wash and trim the leeks.
– Cut them into equal-sized pieces (5-6cm) and steam (or cook them in a pot of boiling water) for 5-10 minutes.
– Prick a section with a knife to ensure that it is cooked.
– Set aside and let cool in a dish.
– Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the mustard, salt, lemon juice and toasted cashew nut oil.
– Arrange the plates, placing the leek segments upright.
– Generously pour over the toasted cashew nut oil vinaigrette and sprinkle them with crumble.