Roasted marinated capon
- 1 capon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 lemons
– Into 2 litres of boiling water add the cinnamon sticks, cloves, garlic, lemons cut into small pieces, Emile Noël organic mustard, Emile Noël organic olive oil, bouquet garni, coarse salt and crushed pepper.
– Remove from heat
– Cover the stock and let it cool for 24 hours.
– For 1 day leave the capon in this “marinade sauce” in the fridge.
– On the day you will eat it, drain the capon, and leave it out in the air to dry for at least 2 hours. Cook on a rack in the oven (preheated to gas 7, 210°C).
– We advise you to use a dish under the rack to collect the juices.
– Baste it regularly (6 to 8 times) with the marinade and turn it over.
– At the end of cooking, turn off the oven and let the capon rest in it for 20 to 30 minutes, under 3 sheets of aluminium foil.
– Remove the fat from the juices and add 10 cl of water, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
– Season (salt and pepper), remove from heat, and stir in the butter.
– Arrange the capon on a beautiful festive dish!
– The sauce should also be placed in a special sauce boat!
Enjoy your meal!