Crunchy stuffed red onions
- 8 red onions
- 10 sprigs of parsley
- 25 g of Comté cheese
- 60 g bacon
- 300 g of minced veal
- 50 g of crème fraîche
– Peel the onions and cook them in a large pot of salted water. When they reached a boil, cook for 8 minutes. Drain them and let them cool.
– Cut the tops of the onions to create hats. Gently empty out their hearts, so that they can be filled with the stuffing.
– Preheat the oven to 180°C.
– Chop the parsley, and grate the cheese with a course grater.
– Set aside.
– Chop the onion hearts and bacon and fry them in a hot frying pan with the special cooking oil.
– Add the veal meat and continue cooking over high heat for 5 minutes. Let it cool down.
– Put the chopped parsley, cheese, crème fraîche and 20 g of breadcrumbs into the meat. Salt lightly and add pepper to taste. Mix the stuffing well.
– Place the hollowed out onions in an ovenproof dish, garnish with the stuffing and sprinkle with a few breadcrumbs. Seal them with their hats, and sprinkle again with a few breadcrumbs.
Drizzle the vegetables with a little special cooking oil, arrange the thyme sprigs, and pour the water into the bottom of the dish.
– Bake for about 40 minutes, basting the onions during cooking to keep them tender.
– After they come out of the oven, drizzle the onions with wheat germ oil, before eating them with whole basmati rice and a crisp green salad seasoned with wheat germ oil.
Recipe © C’est ma food
Use sweet onions. The onions of the Cévennes region are perfectly adapted to this recipe, their sweetness will go well with the veal meat stuffing.
You can replace sprigs of thyme with sprigs of sage: it goes beautifully with veal! Delicious!