Vitamin-rich red rice salad
- 200 g of red rice
- ½ a pomegranate
- 2 carrots
- 1 raw beetroot
- 150 g of tinned chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 4 blood oranges
– Put the red rice in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Cook it for 25 minutes after the water boils. The grains of rice should be tender, while keeping a little bit of bite.
– Drain and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
– Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
– Peel the carrots and the beetroot, then grate them finely.
– Drain the chickpeas, and cook them for a few minutes in a frying pan over a high with olive oil and cumin.
– Peel 3 oranges and cut them into slices.
– Into a large bowl, pour the rice, chickpeas, pomegranate, carrots, beetroot and orange slices. – Mix well.
– Squeeze the juice from the last orange.
– Put the orange juice into a bowl with the flax seed oil, tamari sauce, salt and pepper. Emulsify and pour over the salad.
– Sprinkle the salad with the mix of chopped fresh herbs. Let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before eating.
Recipe © C’est ma food