Simiane Onion Tart
- 10 nice red onions (Simiane if possible)
- 250 g of puff pastry
- 8 coriander berries
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 120 g of butter
– Peel the onions.
– Cook them in a shallow frying pan filled with cold water.
– Then drain them and set them aside.
– Lay the rolled out puff pastry in a pie dish, prick the bottom with a fork, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
– In a large frying pan, pour in the Emile Noël organic extra virgin ripe fruity olive oil and fry the onions with the juniper berries until they are slightly browned.
– Caramelise by adding the honey.
– Season with pepper and salt.
– Once they are cooked, place the onions on the bottom of the pie dish, arranging them in a star shape.
– Add the puff pastry on the top.
– Bake at 220° for 20 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and turn the tart over onto the serving plate.
To caramelised onions, choose a sweet honey, such as locust (or Acacia), rather than flavoured or strong honeys.