Modena balsamic vinegar ice cream, Fig salad
Quantities: Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 5 min | Cooking time: 5 min | Time to rest: 1 h
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 g of light brown cane sugar
- 25 cl of milk
– Pour the vinegar in a small casserole and cook until it reduces to 2/3 volume. 15 to 20 g should remain.
– In a salad bowl, mix the yolk with sugar.
– Boil the milk and pour it little by little on the salad bowl by mixing well.
– Place this mixture on fire and cook on low flame until the cream coats the spoon. This is the custard.
– Add liquid cream and remove from fire. Leave it to cool completely.
– Pour the cream in an ice cream maker and let it become ice.
– When it gets a good icy texture, add the reduced vinegar and mix coarsely to get a marble effect.
– Transfer the ice into a tray and place it in the freezer to let it harden a bit.
– Take out the ice 15 min before consuming. Make it into quenelle or scoop. Serve as dessert with red fruits (fresh strawberries, raspberries or depending on the season) or with pineapple slices.