Seared scallops & truffle oil
- 8 scallops
- 40 g of pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- 125 g of baby spinach leaves
- 35 g of butter
- Fleur de sel
- Black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Emile Noël organic sweet olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of truffle oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of Emile Noël organic cider vinegar
- 1 drizzle of Emile Noël organic sweet olive oil
– Remove the scallops from the refrigerator 30 minutes beforehand.
– Toast the pecans in a dry frying pan and chop them.
– Emulsify the olive oil, truffle oil, cider vinegar and agave syrup.
– Season with pepper and salt.
– In a salad bowl, mix the spinach shoots with the ¾ of the emulsion previously made.
– Set aside.
In a frying pan, melt the butter with the drizzle of olive oil until the mixture turns a golden colour.
– Place the scallops in the pan and let them brown for 2 minutes on each side, basting them with butter.
– Season with salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
On each plate, serve a few baby spinach leaves, place the scallops on the top, then pour in the remaining sauce.
– Sprinkle with roasted pecans and a few fleur de sel crystals before serving.
Recipe © C’est ma food