Fresh quinoa salad & grilled chicken
Quantities: Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 35 min | Cooking time: 30 min
- 200 g of a mixture of quinoa white and red quinoa
- 120 g crunchy green beans
- ½ a cucumber
- 250 g cherry coloured tomatoes
- 40 g black olives
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 400 g chicken breast
- 1 half bunch of mixed fresh herbs (fresh mint, chives, parsley, etc.)
- Fleur de sel
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Emile Noël traditional organic mustard
- 6 tablespoons Emile Noël organic sunflower oil
– Rinse the quinoa twice in clean water to remove the saponin (bitter taste) that surrounds the grains. Cook the quinoa for 10 minutes in one and a half times its volume of boiling salted water. At the end of this time, remove from the heat, cover and allow to swell for another 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
– Immerse the hulled green beans in a pot of boiling water with a pinch of baking soda for 7 minutes. Refresh them in a bowl of cold water and drain them. Green beans must be al dente.
– Cut the cucumber into thin slices and the tomatoes in half.
– Prepare the vinaigrette sauce by emulsifying the lemon juice, mustard and 4 tablespoons of oil.
– Grill the chicken in a hot pan with 2 tablespoons of oil. Halfway through cooking, add the cumin. Season with pepper and salt. At the end of cooking, deglaze the chicken with a few drops of lemon juice. Let the meat juice caramelise for a few seconds before turning off the heat.
– Chop the aromatic herbs.
– In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, vegetables, grilled chicken, olives and sauce. – Mix well. Stir in the fresh herbs, add salt and pepper if necessary. Mix again and serve!
Recipe © C’est ma food
You can prepare this salad the day before, but preferably add the herbs the same day you eat it.