Beetroot layered with fresh goat’s cheese and alfalfa sprouts
- 4 Beetroot
- 170g Fresh farm goat cheese with garlic
- Alfalfa shoots
– Brush the beetroot under water to remove the soil without peeling them.
– Do not pierce them to check the cooking, as they would lose juice, but rub the skin around the stem to see if it comes off easily.
– Depending on the size, allow 30 min to 1 hour for steaming or up to 2 hours 30 mins in salt water.
– Put the vegetable under a drizzle of cold water, the peel will come off easily if it is well cooked.
– Cut the beetroot and fresh goat cheese into 1/2 cm thick slices.
– Mix the fruit puree with 10% water to obtain a natural coulis (leave the skin of the fruit).
– Make a millefeuille: a layer of beetroot, a layer of goat cheese
– Cover with a few drops of coulis and repeat the operation, finishing with a layer of beetroot.
– Sprinkle the millefeuille with alfalfa shoots.
– Season with Emile Noël Greek organic extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe from © Biochef
Do not peel the beetroot before cooking and keep part of the stem so that it does not lose too much juice and keeps its colour